This document is used as lecture notes for Methods of Cryptanalysis course, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel.
Cryptanalysis is an ancient art of analyzing and breaking ciphers. It is also a relatively new modern science, which becomes more and more popular with and advent of cryptography in our everyday life thanks to the Internet. The aim of the document is to show a broad range of cryptanalytic techniques starting from attacks on classical substitution ciphers and up to the state of the art modern attacks. The emphasis will be on the analysis of block-ciphers, although stream ciphers and hash functions will also receive attention.
The document consists of:
- Introduction to Crypto
- Definitions of Classical Ciphers
- Cryptanalysis of the Classical Ciphers
- Cryptography in Transition (Enigma) [from mechanical devices to electronics]
- Cryptanalysis of the Enigma (batons, Rejewski's theorem)
- Shannon's theory, Plaintext recognition techniques
- Shannon's theory (cont.)
- Feistel ciphers (Lucifer, IBM), DES.
- Hellman's Tradeoff. Properties of Random functions
- Is DES a pure cipher? Differential Cryptanalysis.
- Differential Cryptanalysis. Design criteria of DES.
- Attack on full 16-round DES. Extensions of DC.
- Linear Cryptanalysis.
- Linear Cryptanalysis. (cont.)
- Modern Methods of Cryptanalysis
- Modern Cryptanalysis. AES and other ciphers.
The document will be self-contained and may be of interest to both mathematicians and computer scientists.
add to del.icio.us
You may use anyone of the download options
Missing Link?, Report It and you may wish to find Similar Books from amazon.
Similar Book titles in Miscellaneous section:
Urban Operations Research - Logistical and Transportation Planning Methods
Cryptanalysis of RSA Using Algebraic And Lattice Methods
Similar Book titles in Other sections:
Section: Data Structures and Algorithms
Computational Geometry: Methods and Applications
Section: CS -> Theory
An Introduction to Multigrid Methods
Templates for the Solution of Linear Systems: Building Blocks for the Iterative Methods
Numerical Methods for Electrical and Computer Engineers
Fundamental Numerical Methods and Data Analysis
Linear Methods of Applied Mathematics
A Beginner's Course in Boundary Element Methods
Section: Other Engineering
Quantitative Methods in Reservoir
Section: Software Engineering
Software Testing Fundamentals : Methods and Metrics
Agile Software Development Methods - Review and Analysis
Similar Books from Amazon :